Thursday, November 19, 2009

NaNoWriMo

I must admit I have fallen off the wagon. *sigh* Let's just say novel production halted during the last week. And while I think I've put myself too far behind to reach my goal, I'm not completely giving up. I've hopped back on the wagon, although I don't think it will reach the original destination, at least not when I thought it would. Oh, well...



It's still been a very good experience. In the six days I wrote during the first week and the one day I've been able to fit in so far this week, I've written 13 chapters and made it past 50,000. I didn't know I was capable of that! Plus it's added a passion, almost an obsession about my project. Once I got going, it was easier to do more and as I went along, my characters and plot started falling into place. So maybe the story really is all there, I just have to get going. I think once I finish this, I'm going back to my big YA fantasy project and start pushing my way through a first draft.


And I really wanted to share a chapter from my book, but for whatever reason I cannot get it to paste into this window. Poooo.....

No comments: